Old July 13th 03, 08:32 PM
Greg Burkhart

Thanks!

My brother Marc and I are both at the top of our Dad's list. Too bad Marc
wasn't able to go along also. He was traveling to Wyoming at the time. I
borrowed his video camera so that he (and others) could see our thrill and
excitement. Too bad I only got about 10 minutes of our flight on tape before
the batteries quit. We did take several still pictures using a regular
camera. I'm waiting for Mom to get those developed.

My dad made the statement afterwards: "Maybe we should fly in the B-24 too,
I have never flown in one of those." Next year's birthday present?

There is a 100th Bomb Group (http://www.100thbg.org) reunion this year in
Houston October 9-12. My parents are planning on going. If I can get off
work, I'd like to go too. I went with them to one of the BG reunions a few
years ago in Cincinnati and a trip to Wright/Patterson AFB. It was well
worth it to hear all the stories.

"BTIZ" wrote in message
great story... I'm sure you were always at the Top on your Dad's list...

but
somehow after this.. I thinking he just raised the ladder a few more
rungs... a great thing to do for your dad... he's a lucky man...

and you're a lucky kid..

BT