Old July 25th 03, 02:49 PM
Teacherjh

[long yarn about a police officer arresting a pilot snipped]

What's any of that got to do with the question of surrendering your pilot
certificate to an FAA inspector?

An FAA inspector could be there instead of the airport owner, also backed by
the constable. The taking of the photo ID is sufficient; it is unnecessary to
have to surrender your certificate nowadays to have the same effect. One
authority can always call on the other authority upon resistance (whether this
happens or not I don't know, and don't want to find out)

Jose