Old May 26th 05, 02:45 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 5/24/05 9:44 PM, in article , "Kyle
Boatright" spewed:

I think I'm seeing a growing trend where ex-military fields, typically of
WWII vintage, are suffereing runway attrition. 20 miles from my home field,
the Rome, GA airport has closed one of its 3 intersecting runways, and on my
last X/C to Texas, I discovered that one of my favorite stops - Greenville,
MS has closed its East/West runway (although keeping both of the N/S runways
open). Also, on Sunday, I was flying commercial from Las Vegas to Atlanta
and saw quite a few small airports with yellow X's on one or more runways.

Is this happening in your neighborhood too, or am I overly sensitive because
I fly a taildragger and really appreciate multiple runway options?

KB

I fly out of Canton, GA and we do approaches into Rome's ILS quite often. I
don't recall ever seeing that runway open at Rome. Do you know when it
closed?
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic