Old April 25th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Darrel,

The FAA transmissions are on satellite AMC-3, 87 deg West, Transponder
18, Vertical polarity, 12055 Mhz, s/r 3.020 MSPSm FEC 3/4, Video PID 33,
Audio PID 36, PCR PID 33

Here's where I got that information http://www.floridaaviationnetwork.com/

They have information that says they are on Dish Network channel 9411.
They also have a web stream in Windows Media format.

The program schedule is he
http://www.faaproductionstudios.com/...%202006-07.pdf

You'll need a receiver for MPEG/DVB transmissions. My situation was
that I had a older C/Ku band receiver for watching TV. I put a MPEG/DVB
receiver card in a nearby PC and split the signal from the satellite
blocking the DC power. I still use the original system for positioning
the dish and powering the amplifier on the dish. Instead of the card,
there are separate receiver units like this:
http://www.pansatusa.com/product/receiver-2500AM.htm

Paul

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Care to share the details on your configuration (satellite, channel,
schedule, etc.)? I'd seen a listing about this previously and inquired at a
Wings event but they didn't have any details. I'd like to digitize them for
future hosting on a website...