Old September 10th 03, 12:05 AM
Shi Jin

Default What should the flap postions be while taking off?

Thanks.
Then during take-off, do the aileron and the flap use the same angle?

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:03:05 +0100, DAN wrote:

Shi Jin wrote:

I want to make sure I have the correct understanding the functions of the
flops on the wing and the elevators on the stabilizer.
The flops on the wing is used to change the plane's angle around the
longitudinal axis while the elevator controls the pitch angle.

Nope. The flaps are used to change the camber of the wing, hence the lift coeff.
The ailerons (also on the wing, just farther out) control roll.