Old November 28th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default My First Ride...

Talk about nervousness... taking your pilot father out to fly for the
first time, has to be worse than taking your father in the car the first
time as driver!

You think *he* was nervous?

:-)

Actually, we've been flying together for so long -- since before he
could see over the panel, really -- that it felt very natural. I
could tell right away that he had the right attitude toward flying,
and -- other than giving him the tip about "No steep turns in the
pattern with newbies on board" (a problem I think every new pilot
has), I had nothing to say but praise about his flying.

Driving, on the other hand, I'm *always* ragging on him.

;-)

You should try crossing the Sierra Nevadas in a 85 horsepower Cessna
140, with a cruise pitched prop. "Character building", is how I would
put it :-)

Do you have the story of that journey printed in a website somewhere?
I remember it, but wouldn't mind reading it again...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA