Old April 3rd 17, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default XCSkies version 3 - announced by Chris Galli - coming in ten days... ?

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 10:43:10 AM UTC-6, JS wrote:
On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 8:49:18 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
What customer service do you need? My experience has been that it works
and my renewals over 6 years have worked. What else is there? If you
can't figure out how to use it, ask a friend.

On 4/2/2017 11:20 PM, Bret Hess wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Xcskies price goes up. If it's still half the price of skysight, it might survive providing the world's worst customer service.

--
Dan, 5J

Your mileage may vary?
For the most part I like XC Skies. It might be working where you fly. It works where I live too.
Personally had no problem resubscribing, but that doesn't deny other people's problems, including payment made and product not delivered.
Why do some XC Skies forecasts have enormous lines of weather that are different to the adjoining area? An example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87cli6uwgt...20GFS.jpg?dl=0
I've seen these vertical and horizontal lines in Northeastern USA and in New South Wales.
The NSW forecast was bad (as in the image) for at least two years with no response from the owner of the paid product. All requests sent to three different e-mail addresses from multiple e-mail accounts over a long period of time were ignored.
I evidently don't know how to use it, so I'll ask:
Where is the Convergence forecast on XC Skies?
Jim

Where I live in New Mexico, USA, convergence lines are easy to see on XCSkies, and they are usually accurate especially with the NAM forecasts. When I click on the "Cloud Base" tab, the convergence if there is to be one shows up very vividly. Maybe in the high desert or NM with such remarkable soaring conditions it may be easier to forecast and see, not sure.

Mike