Old April 16th 04, 11:11 PM
Bob Noel

In article , xyzzy
wrote:

What is this massive government spending, protection, and subsidy that
makes
flying economically feasible and what is the source?

Who pays to build and maintain all those airports we fly out of?
Who pays to build and maintain all the navaids we depend on?
Who pays for all those air traffic controllers that are available for us
24/7?

etc. etc.

If you honestly think the user fees you pay in taxes on your 100LL cover
the cost of your use of this stuff, you are seriously fooling yourself.

If you think we need full strength 7000' runways for a cessna 150,
then you are seriously fooling yourself.

If you think we need 150' wide runways for a cessna 150, then
you are seriously fooling yourself.

If you think we need a full time control tower at most of our
fields, then you are seriously fooling yourself.

If you think we need radar coverage over (almost) all of CONUS, then you
are seriously fooling yourself.

You might want to consider how much money would be saved by the FAA
if tiny GA airplanes were to disappear.

--
Bob Noel