Old April 16th 04, 11:23 PM
Dave Stadt

"xyzzy" wrote in message
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"TTA Cherokee Driver" wrote in message

Sounds to me like pilots are a lot like farmers, sqawking for the gumbit
to cut their taxes and stay out of their "self-reliant" way, while
refusing to acknowledge (even to themselves) the massive government
spending, protection, and subsidies that make their activity
economically feasible.

What is this massive government spending, protection, and subsidy that

makes
flying economically feasible and what is the source?

Who pays to build and maintain all those airports we fly out of?

I do. Private, public access airport. Has never received a dime of
government money but does pay massive amounts of taxes. The vast majority
of airports I use are private, public acess airports.

Who pays to build and maintain all the navaids we depend on?

I have no use for them. Get rid of them far as I am concerned.

Who pays for all those air traffic controllers that are available for us
24/7?

I have no use for them and very, very, very seldom make use of them. They
could go away as far as I am concerned. Mostly they get in my way.

etc. etc.

If you honestly think the user fees you pay in taxes on your 100LL cover
the cost of your use of this stuff, you are seriously fooling yourself.

I get back almost no services for the fuel taxes I pay.