Old September 5th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I worked at sky life for a summer of 1986 or 1987. I worked the hobby shop and also co-taught Sailing with Bud (I think that was his name). I do remember that we had a Rhodes 17 sailboat for us while the campers used 2 man "tub" sailboats (all blue with one that was light blue). The most enjoyable time for me was on the sailboats each day.

With this said, that place in retrospect was more than creepy as a staffer. There was some sort of "secret society" of key staffers, and I think some of Lee Barns actions were completely inappropriate to todays camp standards with how he managed staff and attendees. I was glad to get out of there.