Old April 22nd 17, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default SkySight forecast available for SW USA

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 4:31:14 PM UTC-7, Kurt Thams wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.

Kurt et al:
Skysight has the following regarding cloud potential.
Boundary Layer Cloud Cover
Low Level Cloud Cover (up to FL130)
Mid Level Cloud Cover (FL130 - 330)
High Level Cloud Cover (FL330 up)