Old July 10th 03, 07:25 PM
EDR

Pretty good observation of local weather phenomenon in Ohio.
Our aviation state motto could be, "Welcome to the convergence zone!
Where west meets east and north greets south. Where Bermuda High's
stall the North Plains Low's."

One of Duane Coles early books mentions the more common local
conditions he met during his years as an airshow pilot, ferrying his
Tayolorcraft across the country. The one that sticks out in my mind is
the line between snow/freezing rain/rain that exists about Fort Wayne
Indianna.

Personally, I have also learned that a low pressure system moving
northeast out of the Gulf of Mexico will either track up the east side
or the west side of the Appalachian Mountains. Depending on which side
it moves up will determine the best route to fly between the North
Coast and the South Coast.

Lake Erie presents some interesting contrasts between Lake Huron and
Lake Ontario. The Lakes make their own local weather phenomenon.

Of course the weather patterns we have been experiencing this year have
added a whole tome to how to fly anywhere east of the Mississippi.