Old July 11th 03, 06:17 PM
Greg B

EDR wrote in message ...
Pretty good observation of local weather phenomenon in Ohio.
Our aviation state motto could be, "Welcome to the convergence zone!

Yeah, but it all spills into PA with alarming regularity. We were
headed from Western NJ to Gettysburg last Sunday when we ran into
multi-layered hazy scud at Lancaster. Made it to Gettysburg okay,
ate breakfast and looked up to see convective stuff starting on
the boil overhead.

High-tailed it out of there and ran back into lovely weather at
Lancaster.

I've been made concerned or turned back a half-dozen times by
such stuff on a summer's day in Central PA, when the Western
1/3 of the state has been just fine.

Greg