Old October 11th 03, 03:19 AM
Craig Prouse

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote:

Has anyone found a REALLY great/comprehensive 'flight form' to use for their
IFR flying?

I've flown IFR four times recently between the SF Bay Area and Portland,
Oregon. Here is a representative reproduction of everything I have written
on my kneeboard at the end of a 4+ hour 500+ NM flight (hand written on a
blank mini legal pad):

-----
8/22 KHIO CANBY SIX CANBY V23 SAC V334 SJC -D 7000 2115Z

ENI 328@50 5 NM/8000 MSL

HIO *T* 2050Z 340@6 V10 SCT050 21/12 29.96 VIS RWY30

CANBY6 M4K X7K 5 MIN 126.0 6633

OFF 2123

NGF66F

PAO *Q* 0047Z 290@15 FEW040 29.93

FLT 4:27 T 509.0 H 611.5
-----

That is my filed route, weather briefing, departure ATIS, clearance, time
off, the N number of a NORDO aircraft that I was asked by ATC to help
locate, arrival ATIS, and end-of-flight timestamps.

Not sure what I'd do with a big complex flight planning form.