Old October 11th 03, 03:37 PM
Kobra

Cecil,

I agree with the "nice, crisp, totally blank piece of paper" philosophy.
The first thing I right on it is C R A F T down the left side.

I have tried pre-printed forms with the boxes for: the Departure Weather,
Enroute Weather, Destination Weather and Alternate Weather. Each one of
those is broken down in the Winds, Sky, Temp, etc. Then there's boxes for
filing the IFR Flight Plan. Then there's CRAFT, next comes the Nav Log
boxes, then boxes to write down the destination ATIS, etc.

The problem is that when flying IFR it is a very dynamic process. In other
words you rarely get the route you file, they amend it in the air, they take
you off course to cut a corner, the briefers and ATIS talks so fast that you
can't get the information in the right boxes. The nav-log is useless unless
you KNOW the route in advance, you actually get that route and they don't
amend your flight plan "on the fly" (no pun intended).

It's just easier to have a totally blank piece of paper and jot down each
bit of information on a large area instead of looking for a little box on a
form and trying to write everything into that little confined space.

Put CRAFT on your paper and maybe Destination ATIS with the frequency to
remind you to get the weather information before contacting the terminal
approach controller. This works for me.

Kobra

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
Has anyone found a REALLY great/comprehensive 'flight form' to use for

their
IFR flying?

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com