Old August 16th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan[_1_]

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks...

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Tony Snow, "technical advisor" for our aviation video webpage (Tony is
retired RAF, and has forgotten more about aviation than I'll ever
know), confirmed for me today that it would cost $640+ for me to top
off Atlas -- our Cherokee Pathfinder -- in Great Britain.

Imagine! $640 to go fly! This *might* explain why there are only 9
registered Cherokee 235s in all of Britain, no?

Pretty sad. But consider also the thousands of Americans that don't own
an airplane ostensibly because they are "saving for their children's
college education". I don't know about the UK specifically but in most
of Europe, if your kids really are smart enough for college, they can
go, and if they aren't they won't be anyway. So let's look at the whole
picture.

And don't forget all the Americans who cannot afford to fly because of
medical bills.