Old April 23rd 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Ch. Eigler

Default Radio buzz

The Visitor writes:

[...] I was on my way out the door to do a ride. I tried pointing
him in the right direction and did my best under the time
constraints. I thought I started him on the right path in case I
couldn't help him in time. And I was going to follow up on it.

That's great, but that was hard to read into your words.

[...]
Did you read the second paragraph...at the TOP!!
"For aircraft operated pursuant to Subpart 406* and Part VII, the
applicable tasks listed below are elementary work, provided they are
individually listed in the operator's maintenance control manual and
or operational manual as applicable,"

Subpart 406, isn't that Flight Training Units? (Okay I was going to
get rude, but I won't.)Does he have an operator's maintenance control
manual? No!! Is he a flying school???? No!!

It really is not a complicated text - certainly no worse than other
stuff in the CARs. This paragraph simply means that, even though the
rest of the appendix is the all-inclusive list of "elementary work",
commercial aircraft such as those of flight schools' need to
specifically include them in their OM's in order to apply. The
paragraph in no way implies that the entire list *only applies* to
such commercial aircraft -- almost the opposite.

There is a listing of private owner maintenance, (non-experimental)

The appendix I linked to is exactly that list.

And I still feel it is not on the list. I don't rule out being
wrong [...]

That's wise.

- FChE