Old March 22nd 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default ZZZzzz Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:14:45 -0700, John Ammeter
wrote:

It's a stretch to say that if you visit Florida you're going to get
nailed for this tax. But, given where this item showed up and the
author of it, I'm not surprised. Reading the article I'm not surprised
to find his normal Sun and Fun bashing...

Not to mention that Zoom is likely to be ticked at the Florida tax folks anyway.
They filed at tax lien on his magazine company in 1996...

http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/d...doc_s tatus=V

Even though it's just for $126, they apparently hounded him about it for over
eleven years, because he finally paid it off just two months ago:

http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/d...doc _status=V

There have been other tax liens against his companies over the years, plus of
course the big dollop he owed when he took Airedale into bankruptcy.

One does wonder, of course, whether his recent diatribe against the Florida tax
folks might be a bit more personal. As I posted a couple of months back, ANN is
registered as a Florida corporation...

http://tinyurl.com/38p9cq

....but the company's airplane, N411AN, is registered to a North Carolina
address.

http://tinyurl.com/2js8wm

Personally, if I were to take an editorial stance against aggressive tactics
taken against potential scofflaws, I'd make sure I wasn't one of those scofflaws
to begin with.

If the staties *do* take action, he'll just claim that it's revenge for the
article. Just like he claims that SnF banned him over his editorial stance, not
his behavior.

Ron Wanttaja