Old August 29th 09, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Spanjaard

Default 10 Seconds to Launch

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:31:03 -0500, 1D10T wrote:

I'm really surprised to see the lightning.

So am I. The live coverage on NASA TV was nothing but clear sky, but
it's hard to see where Glen was located (and so, in which direction he
was looking). "Across the River" doesn't make much sense to me when I
look at the map.

I'm not surprised because you saw a clear sky, but because of NASA's
wariness of lightning.

Which is probably why they waited for a clear sky. :-)

IIRC, the commentator said the nearest weather system was 20 miles away.
But it was 6AM here, so I was up really late. :-)

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com