Old August 10th 15, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring inSaratoga Springs

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 12:22:05 PM UTC-6, Tim Hanke wrote:
Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs, NY spent two days filming a segment for the Travel Channel called America the Beautiful in May. The premise of the show is to provide adventures/ activities throughout different states in the US. The story here is that 17 year old Sadie Schwab, was to fly her first XC in a Duo Discus and I was flying along in my Discus 2a. We had cameras/ go pros mounted in the cockpit, on winglets, and the tail. They also chased us with a Cessna 206 with the door off to get a "big" camera shot. Hopefully, this will help promote the sport. This segment is expected to air in Sunday, August 23rd at 7 pm. We will see what the final editing will be like??

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/a...-the-beautiful

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.
2017 Barrett Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020

www.adirondacksoaring.com

Can't wait to see this Tim. Thanks for making the effort to share Sadie's XC story!!! Will set the DVR for this.

Best,
Bruno - B4