Old September 22nd 04, 06:05 AM
old hoodoo

Lynn:

Honestly, I don't know where. I was kind of grumpy when they took the
plane and did not inquire...however I think it is near a
McDonnel-Douglas factory as it mentioned a lot of retired MD factory
workers were going to work on it. It seemed like a small city was
sponsoring it. Looks like it has found a good home. The main guy that
was taking care of the bird here in Victoria died of a heart attack and
the plane fell into a bit of a funk in terms of constant care and the
city saw a chance to get rid of it and moved quickly before the vacuum
could be filled. NEVER turn your back on a bureaucrat!

The aircraft is an F-101F, formerly a Texas Air Guard bird at Ellington,
was previously based at Tyndall AFB. There is at least one picture of
the bird flying in TANG markings and Tyndall markings but my serial
information is in a box somewhere.

AL

Al

Lynn in StLou wrote:

old hoodoo wrote:

In Victoria Texas. However the F-101 just got moved this summer to
Missouri after being here ten years. Bummer. I will never again dealt
with City politicians. They have been on a crusade to get rid of all
historical artifacts in the City. Lost a great Locomotive engine a
couple of years ago. I'm moving eventually, historically speaking, this
town sucks.

Al

Really? To where in MO? There is an F-101 at Spirit of St Louis
Airport, but that has been there several years. Am not familiar with
any other locations here in the Show Me state.

Thanks