Old January 7th 04, 05:02 AM
Jessica

Jay Honeck wrote:

Which brings to the fore a question: How many aviation museums really ARE
accessible by light plane? I know, for example, that my two favorite
museums (the Air Force Museum in Ohio, and the Strategic Air Command Museum
in Nebraska) are NOT accessible by aircraft.

Add the Mid Atlantic Air Museum in Reading, Pennsylvania, Carl Spatz Field
(KRDG) to your list.
http://www.maam.org/ Request taxi to the museum. Open daily. Don't miss
their WW II weekends, usually the first weekend of June. "The Museum's
collection includes award-winning warbirds, classic airliners, rare & unusual
military and civilian aircraft and historic exhibits."

Also, the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, Bradley Intl
Airport (KBDL). http://www.neam.org/cont_about.htm Inquire FBO about a
courtesy shuttle to the museum. Open daily.

Also, The Aviation Hall of Fame & Museum of New Jersey at Teterboro Airport,
(KTEB). http://www.njahof.org/ Open Tues-Sun 10-4. Not sure about ramp or
courtesy shuttles, KTEB can be extremely busy, so best to call ahead.

Hope this helps !