Old September 25th 04, 11:51 PM
Peter Duniho

"Steve R." wrote in message
Via light gun signals.

That's for communications with the control tower at a controlled field
airport, not ATC!

It's not ATC that staffs control towers?

Maybe, but if the guy is 20 miles out and needing clearance to enter the
airport traffic area, he's not going to be able to "see" the signal lights
very well, is he?

Are you aware of any other method by which a deaf pilot communicates with
ATC?

Seems to me that Steven's reply quite accurately described how a deaf pilot
would communicate with ATC. The fact that the deaf pilot cannot communicate
with ATC in all circumstances is irrelevant to the answer.

Yes, one might infer that it's relevant to the original question, but it's
not Steven's way to go out of his way to be helpful (no offense
Steven...that's just how your posts are) and the original question didn't
ask how deaf pilots *can't* communicate with ATC. Steven *did* answer the
question asked, and as far as I know, did so completely (that is, he left no
other method out).

If you know different, we're all ears (except the deaf pilots ).

Pete