Old February 15th 05, 12:37 AM
Jon A.

Wait a minute, what type of plane? You don't send a Bonanza to a
Cessna guy, and you don't send a Piper to Cirrus guy, unless you want
to enter the ranks of the "everyone screwed me" club, immediately.

Contact the type club for the aircraft you're looking at. They'll
have knowledgable people they can recommend.

On 14 Feb 2005 15:12:57 -0800, "
wrote:

Robbie S. wrote:
Any one know of a reliable mechanic for a pre buy in the Pheonix, AZ
area......

I highly recommend Chandler Aviation (not Chandler Air Service) at
KCHD. Talk to Frank. They will be as thorough as you can afford.

I was over there two weeks ago and they were doing major work (i.e.
wing corrosion repair) on a couple of planes that had recently been
purchased after quick-n-dirty prepurchase inspections by other shops.

I happened to be there dropping off a friend who was picking up her
Grumman after a very painful first annual. They found routine annual
items that obviously hadn't been addressed in years. Better to let
these guys see it before you buy than after :-)

They're on the web at : http://www.chandleraviation.com/

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)