Old February 24th 05, 12:48 AM
John Szalay

"B.C. Mallam" wrote in
news:1109205573.6e2f7b1efff93c8de63082c455d6a316@t eranews:

I know this is off topic but can't find any info on what happened to
the CO of the San Francisco that ran aground off Guam. I expect he is
looking for a job.

Mooney is reassigned to Submarine Squadron 15, based in Guam, pending the
results of an investigation to determine the cause of the sub’s grounding
Jan. 8 that resulted in the death of one Sailor and injuries to 23 others.

http://www.news.navy.mil/search/disp...story_id=16709

Navy Cmdr. Kevin Mooney will not be charged with any crime and will not be
court-martialed.

He received a nonjudicial punishment, most likely in the form of a letter
of reprimand from his commander, this week, officials said. Such punishment
typically ends an officer's career.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/sub...der/index.html