Old August 18th 03, 03:45 PM

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:00:02 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

"Gerrie" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:00:04 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

Is someone fibbing here? In the _Plane and Pilot_ article I referred to

in
the thread, this particularly nasty airstrip (but "cake" for Waldo, Urb,

and
Packie) is shown as having been carved from the jungle in Kalimantan,
Indonesia, which is a damn fur piece from South Africa.

Don't know who's fibbing, but I will try and find out. I will contact
the missions agency on Monday and ask where they got the picture. It's
also shown on their website.

Nevertheless, Africa, Indonesia, who cares, I don't wanna land there!

Hey Larry, you was right (and P&P). According to the missions agency
this nasty thing is near the village of Irianjira, Kalimantan
province, Indonesia.

It looks to be a good candidate for Chris Heintz's CH 701 or the bigger CH
bushplane, both with eyebrows for STOL.

Looks more like a candidate for a new roller coaster theme park or
something.
I still don't wanna land there! In fact, I don't even relish the idea
of being a passenger in a plane landing there.