Old July 17th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Investigators Say Student Pilots Should Be Flagged

Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Not IMHO a bad idea really. When I was training and flew to controlled
airspace for XC flights it was suggested that I mention I was a student and
they did seem to slow things down a little.

I can see how a uniform way of doing this might be helpful both in
controlled and uncontrolled airspace. Example, "Bumfigle Tower, Cessna
Student 1234A, ...."

My instructor taught this format: "Foobar Center, Cessna 12345A, student
pilot".

They do at least talk a bit slower if nothing else, which is handy
at some new, busy place.

And since we are always learning, aren't we always "students"? :-)

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.