Old December 8th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Mystery of crashed glider in Arizona

On Dec 7, 5:48*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:
Several of our members have recently been surveying possible landing
strips for our contest database and Steve Koerner came across an old
crashed glider in the Arizona desert.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3676667...7622824263137/

Registration was N71JR.

V-tail, large flaps, no spoilers. *Our best guess so far is some sort
of HP, but the glider construction seems to have been more composite
than aluminum, so this may be off-base.

Suggestions and speculation welcome!

Mike

Well, its sure no Moni or HP-18.
Never saw an HP with a welded tube structure for the gear.
Looks like big landing flaps.
I dunno !