Old July 7th 16, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX-Nav S80 settings

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 1:59:56 PM UTC-7, wrote:
So when I installed the S80 - I attached the TE tube so that it has about 6 ft of separation between the S80 and my mechanical Vario. I think that is good.

But reading the manual - it goes into detail about Electronic TE, when the S80 is not attached to the TE tube, but to the a static port - I have 2 static prots that do nothing -

Should I go with the Electronic TE on the S80??

WH

I just investigated this by asking people in the know, from what I'm told even a decent TE system will yield a better result than electronic, due to inherent errors in many static systems. But static errors can be glider dependent, results vary. Look into static system errors and you will get an understanding of why that is the case. I was told to check my TE system and try to make that work first. I've done that and am happy with the results.. I have not tried electronic, maybe someone that has can chime in.