Old August 23rd 03, 06:40 AM
Neil E. Baird

I don't know whats going on. I must have covered every inch of that island
and still cant find those statues. I cranked up all the settings as high as
they go. Maybe they are where all those missing brides are.(LOL). I also
didnt know Easter Island had another name.

"Boudewijn van Ingen" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:33:56 GMT, "Neil E. Baird"
wrote:

"Bill Irvine" wrote in message
.ca...
Rapanui:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ito-nori/e11.htm
Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on Earth. The island

is
over 3,000Km far from nearest lands, Tahiti and Chile. Just four B767
flights a week between Santiago and Tahiti stop over here, the two are

east
bound and the others are west bound. When the airplane arrives, the

small
terminal building is crowded with the people who had come to meet or to

see
off passengers.

fs9: SCIP Mataveria, 11000' runway Isla de Pascua; S27*09 W109*26

Is that Easter island itself? I found that but wasnt sure if it was the
right island as there was nothing to see there.

Yes it is. I made the same mistake in FS2002 you're probably making
now: You'll have to turn on as much detail as possible on the grafix,
and look very close to see the statues. There are many of them, but
they are pretty small from the air.

Best would be to land your 'heavy' there, then take a helicopter for a
tour around the island, up close, slow and low.

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.