Old July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Mark James Boyd

I don't know how you feel about partnerships, but I've found that
I can get a whole lot more boat/plane/glider in a partnership,
and this has worked out very, very well for me. The initial
capital outlay, the regular payments for tie down/slip/
maintenance, and the management needed to take care of
the boat/plane/glider would just be overwhelming for me
otherwise.

In the boat I have a 2-way, in the plane a 4-way, and in the
glider a lease + 6-way. In each case there have been no
scheduling conflicts whatsoever.

Neither me nor my partners use any of these things more than
once a week, for the most part, so it seems to be a great
way to share a lightly-used, but expensive, resource.

Of course results vary, and I am lucky that I enjoy the
company of the partners as much as the equipment, so this
is great, and all the details are well spelled out in writing
so there is no doubt about what happens if payments are late
or an accident occurs.

Anyway, it's worked for me. Perhaps it is something that
could get you more glider for your money?