Old April 6th 05, 03:32 AM
Dave Morris

Navy pushing for addition of second aircraft carrier in Pacific
Hawaii favored as home base; Guam also considered

I'm in Hawaii, just got out of the Nav after 6 yrs when they wouldn't let me
stay here. They've been talking about this as long as I've been here (4.5
yrs). The biggest conflict I've heard is the fact that they sold Barber's
Point to the state, Ford Island is housing, and K-Bay can't handle a whole
carrier wing.

What is the point of having a carrier forward deployed without an airbase to
supply her planes?

Do you know any more to this story? I know that it would mean approximately
30,000+ new people where ever she goes (families, support activities, etc.)