Old April 6th 05, 04:15 PM

Dave since you are in Hawaii I guess you have your pulse on the
situation...somewhat. I you sure that the Navy sold Barbers Pt. to the
state? I was wondering about that myself..Anyway I have a friend on
active duty in Hawaii that wrote me this about the whole situation
there..

""In reference to a CVN in Guam or Hawaii, I personally think Hawaii is
the better choice. It's easy to provide security to the ships, the
infrastructure(primarily for nuclear work) is in place, there are at
least two piers already sturdy enough and long enough (K-10, B-22
through 26, for those who may have been here at some point). The piers
are all being upgraded/rebuilt (yes, still original WW2 piping etc). It
appears, just from observing from the deckplates (call them deckplate
rumors, to be honest), that a carrier is coming to Hawaii. The Kilo
piers are being strengthened beyond a purely supply ship requirement,
rehab work at the former NAS Barber's point has just started in a big
way on the hangers there, and there are rumors that the military
housing at Iroquois Point and Barber's Point (currently
civilian/military) will be reverting purely back to military. To me,
these rumors account for the housing and air wing issues. Again, just
rumors from what I observe here"".