Old March 14th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default FSDO enforcement- GPS before effective date - which date toput in Aircraft Log for Part 43?

On 03/14/06 10:11, Peter R. wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

Is the GPS database going to expire and switch during this
flight?

Whoops, I missed this. It is not the GPS database expiring during flight,
but rather it is the GPS database *becoming current* during flight that
results in a power-off, restart GPS message.

Be aware of the effective date of the database when putting a new card in
the KLN94.

I assumed these were the same date. I guess what I *meant* was the point
when the unit will need to switch over, whatever that is for the particular
unit being used.

Still ... good story and good food for thought - thanks,

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA