Old October 18th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Stutzman[_3_]

Default an interesting in flight experiment

a wrote:

In my
case the engine ran a bit rougher -- rpms stayed where they were set,
of course, because prop pitch changed to accommodate the reduction in
power.

And if you were flying a 6 cylinder (or larger) engine, you may not have
even noticed the roughness.

(I once failed to get the switch back to "both" after a run-up. Managed
to take-off and fly for ~15 minutes before I noticed it. The roughness
became more pronounced when I started leaning it out).

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"