Old July 5th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

Default SURFACE PATCHING PASTE

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 2:16:34 PM UTC-7, ZZ wrote:
I have always used Simtec's 4981 white patching paste to repair small dings and minor cosmetic divots. However I use such small amounts over long periods of time, nearly the entire quart eventually turns to rubber and has to be trashed.

I am looking for a lower quantity solution to avoid wasting so much material and cash. White is a must and MEKP catalyst is preferred but I am flexible on that.

Any suggestions?

Paul
ZZ

You can extend the life of your 4981 by keeping it in the freezer. Best to let it warm a bit before opening so you don't get condensation in the can.

Craig
7Q