Old November 30th 03, 11:47 PM
Don Tuite

It won't help you plan your flight, but you might enjoy St Exupery's
_Night Flight_. IIRC, _Wind Sand and Stars_ covers some of St Ex's
Patagonian experiences as well.

Don

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:34:46 -0800, "Paul Millner"
wrote:

Howdy,

A couple of us are planning on flying my turbo Cardinal RG from California
to Argentina next October... my buddy was born there (Argentinian British)
and is returning for a family reunion.

I've flown about 3,500 hours, in the US, Canada, and Mexico, but never
further south. There's quite a bit in print about flying in Mexico and
Central America, but not much I've found on South America. AOPA's not been
particularly helpful with details.

Can anyone point me at source material on flying south of Panama, or share
their experiences on GA in South America?

We've thinking a west coast jaunt on the way down, with a return, perhaps,
across Brazil and island hopping through the Caribbean.

Paul, Berkeley CA