Old April 12th 05, 01:16 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

(Roy Smith) wrote in message ...

Somebody explain this one to me. DXR (Danburry, CT) lists:

Pattern altitude: 1701 ft. MSL
TPA FOR JET ACFT 1743 AGL

The field elevation is 458. I'm cool with the higher than normal TPA
(there's some big hills right next to the airport), but I don't
understand where they got the strange numbers from. What bit of
regulatory sillyness makes them publish a TPA of 1701 instead of 1700?
I've always flown it at 1700; I guess I should file a NASA report for
busting the TPA all these years?

And what is the advantage of having the jets flying 42 feet higher?

The jets aren't flying 42 feet higher, they're flying 500 feet higher.
The difference between 1701 MSL and 1743 AGL is 500 feet.

Where did you find information listed in this rather confusing manner?
The A/FD shows "TPA- 1701(1243)- jet acft 2201(1743)." That doesn't
explain the odd foot, but at least they're not mixing AGL and MSL.