Old March 23rd 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual -- My 8th "Owner-Assisted" Inspection

2. Fiberglass vertical stabilizer fairings.

Best of all -- the ONLY person we know who can fit into the tail cone to
buck the rivets for the new fairing is Mary -- so you can look forward to
more pictures and interesting stories to come... :-)

Structural rivets on a Cherokee fin fairing? Is your wrench requiring
this? That fairing is not a structural part and it is subject to almost
no wind load. You don't even need cherry rivets. My wrench and 3
different other local wrenches said that pop rivets are fine for that
application. Mine is still firmly attached 7 years later.

Good Luck
Mike