Old May 5th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Went absolutely nowhere today - and had a ton of fun.

Kev
Along the coast at Pt Loma there are the remains of a number of old
coastal gun emplacements. I lived in Azure Vista (ever heard of it?
Between Ocean Beach and Pt Loma) during and right after the war. We
used to visit them and get the little boxes of cereal; from the troops.
When the bunkers were abandoned after the war we often played in them
and found a lot of left behind equipment.
The museum out there describes them in some detail.
Rocky