Old January 18th 17, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default HP14

Ken,

If you haven't already, you need to go the the soaridaho.com site and study there.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/

If the ship was well built and maintained, you should be delighted in the performance. It has a light wing loading by current standards and seems to get close to the 40:1 claimed, if it is kept clean and smooth.

If it was built to the plans, it isn't 15M and is less than 18M, so it doesn't really fit into any present FAI class.

The V-tail mixer may need some attention (lubrication and cable tightening), It seems the -14 had a properly sized tail surface. So no "waddle" that came with some earlier v-tail designs.

Hope you have a good time, I wish I fit in one a little less snug.

Mike