Old September 12th 03, 04:22 AM
Scott Correa

Ok Going out on a limb here.....
The ballasted ship is heavier.
The ballasted ship has a flatter glide angle.
So an I correct to assume that the unballasted ship must pull
MORE G to get the same climb angle as the ballasted ship.
If the unballasted ship needs to put more +g on the airplane
to achieve the same climb angle, then it will bleed energy thru
drag a bunch faster than the less g loaded ballasted ship.
In fact, the unballasted ship must pull up a little bit to
momentarily match the flatter glide angle of the ballasted ship.

Scott

"szd41a" wrote in message
HMMMM this is getting puzzling!?1
Let's get back to the basics
1. Total energy at the start MUST equal total energy at the end +
drag(defined here as interplay between inertial and viscous forces due to
the nature of the fluid in which we play (a mix of nitrogen, oxygen and
carbon dioxyde). No matter how lift, weigth or drag acts,at what rate,

more
at the beginning less at the end , the above will always be true
2. Let us forget about the difference of stall speed, and drag, the above
statement yields 130 metres gain of height for my Jantar in laboratary
vacuum and let us attribute it to the balalsted glider.
3 Now the pro ballasted say that there is a detectable difference between
ballasted and dry.Let us say 25 metres, that 75 feet is readable on the
clock. So the dry glider only went to 105 metres.
4 The difference is equivalent to the work necessary to raise 100 kgs
(weight of ballast) on 25 metres which is (100 * 9.81 * 25) that is 24 500
Joules.
5. The force doing the work to hold the dry glider has to be drag, no???.

So
someone has to come with a demonstration. Because No 1 has to apply no
matter what, and is easy to evaluate P1+ K1=P2+K2.

"Derrick Steed" a écrit
dans le message de ...
Hmmm... maybe, but not. All you have demonstrated, in the same way that
Galileo did, is the equivalence between gravitational mass and inertial

mass
(physics 101), and you should note it only applies in a vacuum where the
effects of drag can be neglected, and as you rightly state it has

nothing
do with kinetic or potential energy. However, as a later post explains

there
are other factors at work due to the aerodynamic effects which must

apply
any real world glider, namely the interplay between the inertial and

viscous
forces due to the nature of the fluid in which we play.

Rgds,

Derrick.