Old December 20th 03, 01:50 PM
Steve

Ron Natalie wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

Actually, the Flyer had 12hp *peak* performance from the engine. But
you're right.

Actually, from talking to the Hay brothers it is likely that the 03 engine
was producing more than 12 hp on December 17 1903. The power
output is quite variable based on density altitude and how long the engine
has been run, the water temperature, etc...

Quite possibly - it was nice and cold that day, after all. I guess the
truth is, we'll never know for sure because it was such a crude engine
being used under such variable conditions.