Old January 16th 04, 04:45 PM

In rec.aviation.owning Jim Weir wrote:
Does anybody have an idea on how to make a tiny little vacuum pump on the order
of an aquarium pump or so that will draw just a few inches of water? Preferably
110, but I can rig up a 12 volt supply if necessary.

The reason I say this is that I'm getting ready to pack a fairly large number of
bags with used but serviceable engine parts (valves, pistons, etc.) and I'd like
to put each part in a "baggie" (sandwich bag or equivalent) along with a little
preservative oil, and then suck the baggie down with a football needle stuck
into the top closing mechanism just before sealing.

Thoughts?

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

If it is just the suck that has to be tiny and not the pump, how about
a toilet paper roll and some duct tape to make an adapter to your shop
vac?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.