Old May 19th 05, 05:59 PM
Derek Lyons

DeepSea wrote:
It is a somewhat amusing situation. In the months prior to 9/11, the
submarine force had been making great strides in coming out of its shell.
We were giving regular tours of the boomers at Kings Bay to what seemed
like anybody that wanted them - the Boy Scouts, the Rotary, school science
classes, you name it.

I wonder what changed across the mid-90's, as we were doing that here
at Bangor ca 1987-1990. For that matter, in the mid-80's we fairly
routinely gave tours at King's Bay. (4 refits on a '41 - and I can't
recall one of them without a tour of some sort.)

It was kind of funny to watch the looks we'd get
giving the neither confirm or deny speech to guests on a ballistic missile
submarine that was obviously getting ready to go to sea ....

nods Yes.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.