Old November 3rd 03, 08:01 PM
JD

Pechs1,

I have read a statement by an F14 RIO that in the 90's that the F14
was known as the "world's fastest or quickest aircraft" this may have
changed since some of the aircraft had their engines changed. Mind
you, he was saying this when he was in the Bravo version.

jd

(Pechs1) wrote in message ...
bjm- A couple of night ago the History Channel aired a program about the
F-14. During the promo it was stated that the Tomcat is the world's
fastest fighter. I dunno, every aviation book in my house puts it
clearly behind the F-15 and the MiG 25. BRBR

Must've been written by Grumman...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)