Old February 12th 04, 06:07 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:48:59 -0000, "Paul Sengupta"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

http://cellular.co.za/phones/gunphone/gun-phone.htm

Airport authorities across Europe are implementing systems to
X-ray all cell phones, those procedures will likely be followed by
airports around the world.

It would seem that X-rays might affect flash memory chips, but the
loss of your electronic phone book is the least of your worries:

“It means police will have to draw their weapons whenever a person
being checked reaches for their mobile phone.”

And the FAA's approach:

FAA spokeswoman Rebecca Trexler said airport security officers had
been trained to deal with this new threat.

“We don’t want to tell the bad guys exactly what we’re looking
for,” she says, “We are trying to stay one step ahead.”

Security through obscurity. :-(