Old March 21st 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Lonely up there?

wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:
: Sure. I've had a couple of flights at night where it was quiet,
: completely quiet, for more than 5 minutes. That is about my limit
: without talking to someone when IFR, at night, over hostile terrain. :-)

Just about every time I fly from VA to WI or back, I feel that way when in Huntington
WV's airspace. I cross over it from end-to-end... very quiet for 10's of minutes
frequently.... just as getting into pseudo-"hostile terrain" around Charley-West.

Yes, I've flown through that area and I also get the "quiet nights" when
flying over Western PA.

Matt