Old February 9th 05, 04:56 PM
Peter R.

Michael wrote:

If it's really the pushrod tube seal that is leaking, it's not a
cylinder or a case issue - it's either a bent/cracked/otherwise damaged
lip on the pushrod tube (usually damaged during assembly) or a damaged
seal (also usually damaged during assembly). The oil there is not
under pressure, so there should not be much of it leaking. It's a very
minor problem in terms of parts and labor, and really you could fix the
problem yourself in 30 minutes by straightening/smoothing the pushrod
tube (if necessary) and replacing the seal (which I think costs about
$3).

Thank you, Michael, for the explanation. Being that this is all under
warranty, however, I will leave the fix to the experts.

--
Peter