Old November 24th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

Default Red V symbol (log file not valid) after OLC upload.

On Nov 23, 10:02*am, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
Im still trying to figure out why any of the files have to be "secure" !
Security is an illusion. I thought the intent of the OLC was to promote
more people flying and friendly competition. Still scratching my head with
all of this regulatory crap. After all, we are all in it for the money and
the girls right? If they want to cheat that bad let them. Its been my
experience that the cheaters are found out and rightly ostersized out of
the sport anyway. Just my .2 cents worth. And while Im at it that goes the
same for badge and record flights. AFAIC KISS principal applies. What are
we testing after all, how good am I at flying or following recording
procedures. Jumping off the soap box now and flame sheilds on!

CH

I think OLC is losing their focus. They used to show one could use
almost any GPS to record a flight. I own 3 Cam Nav 20's. I use the
XC soar program to post with the blue "V" but found out the hard way
last year that this is not valid for the League. We lost a lot of
points due to this. I do have an SN10 so I guess I need to buy the
USB adapter to easily download from it. I have also just spent big
bucks on the PowerFlarm in order to be safer but also for the logger
which is now not certified yet. Any one know if the PowerFlarm log
will be useable by the time League starts for league scoring?